Show Notes Episode 19:
· [00:41] Introduction of my guest Spencer Beach
· [01:52] Spencer tells us more about who Spencer Beach is
· [03:17] Were your communication skills a natural gift?
· [04:39] 2003 changed Spencer’s life with a flash fire at 1500 degrees Celsius 3rd
and 4th degree burns to 90% of his body, and given a 5% chance to live.
· [06:15] Strong desire to live and to help others
· [10:58] The pain of being in ICU, isolation, no communication, anger,
· [12:23] Importance of support from family
· [16:13] Importance of holding Spencer’s daughter for the first time forced
himself to look outside of himself
· [24:59] Shares his story to others through speaking; helping to communicate
to your heart, which then speaks to your head
· [29:14] What part did strong faith have in your recovery?
· [31:12] Are we grabbing on to our gifts or pushing them away?
· [31:35] Starting a new occupation and motivation
· [36:43] Suggestions Spencer might give to someone facing change?
· [38:09] Favorite book or quote of inspiration: Make your own quotes
“At the end of the day my family is happy, healthy and safe.”
· [39:50] If Spencer could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be?
· [40:48] What lessons have you learned during this pandemic?