Show Notes Episode 16:
· [00:41] Introduction of my guest Adam Hicks
· [01:19] Adam tells us more about who Adam Hicks is
· [02:53] Were your communication skills a natural gift?
· [04:44] What has been your biggest fear?
· [07:24] Communicating the key message and being transparent
· [13:50] Wise not to be the smartest person in the room; continuous learning
and growth is so important
· [15:25] Strong communication skills makes a strong leader
· [16:57] Do we feel good enough to do a task?
Listening skills are so important
· [20:55] Importance of positive feedback
· [24:30] Have you had any mentors in your life?
· [26:37] How is happiness and energy viewed by others?
(Take that happy pill)
· [31:09] When fear is holding you back, just try it
· [33:34] Suggestions Adam gives to overcome fear and obstacles
JUST DO IT!
· [35:07] Adam’s favorite book: “Influencer”
· [36:18] Adam’s favorite quote ‘If your actions inspire others to dream
more, learn more, do more and become more, you’re a
leader” by John Quincy Adams
· [37:19] If Adam could travel anywhere, where would it be? Thailand
· [37:54] How has the pandemic made you a better person?
Board Director at Conexus Credit Union
Elected as School Board Trustee in 2016 and current Board Chair
Adam Hicks, Regina, Saskatchewan